PROGRAM OVERVIEWThe main objective of the Nutritional Genomics program is to provide clinicians (nutritionists and other healthcare providers) with foundational knowledge of the science that supports the application of nutritional genomics as a tool in the development of personalized nutrition intervention plans.
Those who complete this program will:
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from the American Nutrition Association
- Receive CME/CE credits
- Physicians will be eligible for a maximum of 48 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- The Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists designates this activity for a maximum of 48 Continuing Education credits for Certified Nutrition Specialists.
- The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) designates this activity for a maximum of 47.8 Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEUs) for Registered Dietitians (RDs) and Registered Dietetic Technicians (DTRs).
- Meet coursework requirement for the Certified Nutritional Genomics Specialist (CNGS) credential
- This is 100% online, and the modules are self-paced.
- The course must be completed within 12 months of registration.
- Approximate total learning time: 48 hours for required course materials plus additional learning time for supplemental material.